Ah! Dads are the best travel buddies. All these days who must have gone tipsy with your friends, or experienced adrenaline rush while rafting or mountain biking with your travel buddies. Now, it is time to experience all these with none other than the man who fills your wallets with pocket money. We thought of giving you some quirky ideas to celebrate this Father’s Day. And, therefore we have listed the most unusual travel experiences you can have with your dad. These seven travel ideas are going to drive you craaaazzzy, make you laugh till you get stomach cramps and give you the chance to overload your Instagram account with uncountable happy Father’s Day images.
1. Dad, let’s party in Thailand like there’s no tomorrow: From Walking Street in Pattaya and Bangla Road in Phuket to Haad Rin Beach in Koh Phangan and Tonsai East in Koh Phi Phi, Thailand is ‘the’ one-stop destination for party goers. Raise a toast with your dad and dance the night away with unknown people from around the world in Thailand. On this Father’s Day, while you both will take a glass of drink and say cheers, trust us, your dad will travel back to his crazy college days. Keep your friends aside and explore Thailand’s nightlife with your dad.
2. Hey dad! Let’s go biking in Ladakh: If your dad is the one who loves camping, biking and going on adventure trips, take him on a biking expedition to Ladakh on this Father’s Day. The road trip from Manali to Leh is one of the most adventurous road trips in India, and you gotta experience this with your dad this time. Traverse through the harsh terrains of Khardung La pass in Ladakh, one of the highest motorable roads in the world and click a selfie in front of attractions like Pangong Lake, Tso Moriri Lake, Nubra Valley and Magnetic Hill. On Father’s Day 2018, let the rubber meet the road.
3. Daddy dearest, let’s go temple hopping in Bali: If you are the child of the ‘serious wala’ dad who wakes up at 5’o clock in the morning, takes a shower, chants hymns and offers puja for at least an hour, then nothing can be better than taking him to Bali on Father’s Day for a spiritual holiday. Fondly called the ‘Island of thousand temples’, Bali has a culture of its own. Stroll along the backstreets of Ubud, drop into the family shrines, spot hundreds of temples tucked in different corners of the streets, breathe in the air that smells of sandalwood, and take in the beauty of Bali’s enchanting ancient temples, age-old traditions and religious practices. Pura Ulun Danu Batur and Uluwatu and two popular temples in Bali. Eat, pray, love in Bali!
4. Daddy, let’s drink like ‘Kings’ in Goa: While you have fancied going for a trip to Goa with your friends, try planning one with your dad this time. Drop into any of the beach bars or clubs in Goa and chill over drinks and seafood with your daddy dearest. With pocket-friendly alcohol available almost anywhere and anytime in Goa, this trip is going to be crazzzzy. On Father’s Day 2018, fill your Instagram account with photos of your new partner-in-crime.
5. Pa, come try Michelin star street food in Singapore: Do you want to treat your foodie baba with the world’s cheapest Michelin star food on Fathers’ Day? Get him a ticket to Singapore! Ah! The Michelin star food stalls in Singapore do not offer meals at Michelin star prices. With more than 100 open-air food stalls, the ever-dazzling city is believed to serve the coolest and most delicious street food in the world. Take our words; your foodaholic daddy is going to remember this amazing culinary journey to Michelin star restaurants in Singapore for a lifetime.
6. My beach bum pa, here’s a trip to Andaman for you: If your dad’s idea of a perfect vacation is to relax by the seaside, drop into a shack and sample seafood delicacies or take a stroll along the beach, then look no further, because we have got you sorted. Head over to Andaman with your beach bum dad on Father’s Day 2018. Coral islands, clean beaches, deep blue waters, and a hint of history, Andaman is the perfect destination for a laid-back holiday. Plan a stay at Neil and Havelock Islands, watch the Light and Sound Show at Cellular Jail and take a ferry ride to the abandoned Ross Island and keep refreshing your Facebook wall with cool and happy Father’s Day images. Some popular attractions in Andaman are Diglipur, Corbyn’s Cove beach, Radhanagar Beach and Limestone Caves.
7. Ah dad! Let’s go for a digital detox in Bhutan: World’s last remaining Buddhist kingdom, Bhutan is a quaint little paradise nestled high on the Himalayas. The postcard-like Himalayas on one side and architectural brilliance of temples, monasteries and fortresses on the other, Bhutan is an ideal mesh of man and nature. Dense green forests, Himalayan ranges, and Paro Chuu River make Bhutan the perfect destination to rejuvenate on the lap of nature. Some Father’s Day pics of these unusual experiences are gonna make your dad smile. Remember, to turn off the internet while you do all these!
A father-child trip will let you bond over the fondest memories of childhood holidays. Pick a destination of your choice and let us know your travel plans for Father’s Day. Trust us, the heart-warming travel tales of Father’s Day 2018 will be etched in your heart forever.