Why do people travel?
The number of people travelling today is huge! Be it a quick getaway, or a weekend, there is always some sort of travel happening. People prefer taking a break and relaxing over the weekend or during an upcoming holiday break and itâ€™s during this time when a holiday package in the form of a quick getaway does well.
Why not create a travel plan? Â
What a travel plan refers to here is a shortlist of the items you intend to carry. Itâ€™s always good to note down all essential things that you need to pack/take along with you, rather than making a mental note of them, as itâ€™s pretty easy to miss out on something. A travel plan need not be in any special form or format. Itâ€™s best to avoid complications and keeping things as simple as possible here.
Hereâ€™s how you prepare a checklist â€“
List all basic items which are required for your day to day use, for instance
- Mobile/Laptop Charger
- All essentials like your clothes, footwear, etc
- House keys/other access stuff of the destination
Lastly and most importantly, always keep an extra copy of your itinerary, your photo ID proof, passport, etc all at hand so these can be produced at the airport, etc. It not only saves time, but also prevents confusion that could possibly arise if these arenâ€™t found when required.
Travel safety tips for kids
Kids love travelling too as itâ€™s a pleasant change for them as well. However, one must take necessary measures to ensure that their kids are absolutely safe. Falling ill or getting hurt while travelling isnâ€™t an ideal way of spending your valuable time off. Certain measures which are simple can ensure that your kids are safe and fit enough to set off on a memorable holiday.Â There are certain flight travel safety guidelines as well as travel safety tips that can help you experience an uninterrupted vacation.
- If your child is prone to a certain illness or infection, you need to ensure a vaccination is taken before travelling as this could act as a good precautionary measure. Falling ill during overseas travel can attract huge medical expenditures and if oneâ€™s travelling without travel insurance or isnâ€™t covered under insurance, Itâ€™s best to ask your tour operator to shed some light on these areas before taking your trip forward.
- Touring the destination by car? Then make sure your carry your car safety seat along for your kid.
- Be aware, itâ€™s a different place! Keep your child within your viewing range and let him/her not get out of sight! Thatâ€™s important.
- Water, yeah a water bottle! Water usually is quite pricey on overseas travel, plus your child is bound to feel thirsty at regular intervals. Carrying a water bottle along with you wonâ€™t hurt much and could be a blessing in disguise.
Overseas Travel to Europe
Make sure you think & plan wisely whilst travelling overseas especially if youâ€™re travelling to Europe.
- If your passportâ€™s about to expire then make sure you begin with the renewal process at least 6 months in advance as renewal can be time consuming and there are certain destinations that require your passport to be valid for 6 months after your date of entry.
- Make sure you have scanned copies of your passport and other essential documents on you, either saved in your portable device or in your e-mail drafts folder. These are easy mediums of extraction!
- Cabin baggage rules – Make sure, youâ€™re updated about the permit able cabin baggage weight as well as whatâ€™s allowed and whatâ€™s not. This can prevent you from losing out on some valuables as well as eateries, that arenâ€™t allowed once you board the flight.
Last but not least!…Let travel be your mantra!..BON VOYAGE!